Current:Home > MarketsChristina Applegate opens up about the 'only plastic surgery I’ve ever had' -AssetScope
Christina Applegate opens up about the 'only plastic surgery I’ve ever had'
Indexbit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 14:10:42
Christina Applegate is tackling the ugly truth of Hollywood beauty.
The Emmy-winning actress, 52, opened up about navigating scrutiny of her physical appearance in the entertainment industry during Tuesday’s episode of the “Messy with Christina Applegate & Jamie-Lynn Sigler” podcast.
Applegate recalled a film director who commented on her aging appearance while they were rerecording dialogue during an ADR session for a movie she did in her 40s.
While reviewing footage of herself during the session, Applegate said she was dismayed by the jowls she noticed on her face. The “Married… with Children” star said the unnamed director told her the film studio “had to spend a lot of money to fix that.”
“They literally erased my face,” Applegate told co-host Jamie-Lynn Sigler, adding the director “didn’t think I would care because he said I was so tough.”
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Applegate said while the director, who is a friend, later apologized, she “suffered inside” from the incident.
“That’s the thing about … aging in this business,” Applegate said. “It’s like they throw you out to pasture, unless you’re ready to play grandmothers.”
'Shots with Cher!'Christina Applegate shares bucket list items with 'the days I have left'
Christina Applegate says TV producer influenced her to get plastic surgery
Applegate also got candid about her relationship with plastic surgery.
The “Dead to Me” star said she had a procedure done on her eyes in her late 20s at the recommendation of a television producer. Applegate did not name the show she was working on at the time or the producer, but she said the individual worked on “a very famous show.”
The producer said, “‘Hey, we’re having trouble lighting under your eyes. The bags under your eyes are so big,'" Applegate recalled. "He goes, ‘I suggest you get them removed.’"
Christina Applegate health:Actress says she has 30 lesions on her brain amid MS battle
While Applegate acknowledged the bags under her eyes were "hereditary," she ultimately opted to have them removed.
"At 27 years old, I had the only plastic surgery I’ve ever had (which) was to remove the bags under my eyes,” Applegate said. “I went under."
Applegate previously revealed she had liposuction done around the age of 26 because she had gained some weight and had a “teeny bit of fat” on the back of her leg.
veryGood! (432)
Related
- California DMV apologizes for license plate that some say mocks Oct. 7 attack on Israel
- The US accuses Iran of sending Russia short-range ballistic missiles to use in Ukraine
- Huddle Up to Learn How Olivia Culpo and Christian McCaffrey Became Supportive Teammates
- New Hampshire primary voters to pick candidates for short but intense general election campaigns
- Former Danish minister for Greenland discusses Trump's push to acquire island
- The White Stripes sue Donald Trump for copyright infringement over 'Seven Nation Army'
- The US accuses Iran of sending Russia short-range ballistic missiles to use in Ukraine
- Johnny Gaudreau's Widow Meredith Shares She's Pregnant With Baby No. 3 After His Death
- Former Syrian official arrested in California who oversaw prison charged with torture
- Why Teen Mom’s Catelynn Lowell Thinks Daughter’s Carly Adoptive Parents Feel “Threatened”
Ranking
- Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
- Kyle Larson expected to return to Indianapolis 500 for another shot at ‘The Double’ in 2025
- The Latest: Trump and Harris are set to debate in Philadelphia
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, I Love a Parade
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- Labor costs remain high for small businesses, but a report shows wage growth is slowing for some
- A timeline of events on day of Georgia school shooting
- Kyle Larson expected to return to Indianapolis 500 for another shot at ‘The Double’ in 2025
Recommendation
Small twin
Cuomo to testify before House committee that accused him of COVID-19 cover up
Most students in a Georgia school district hit by a shooting will return to class Tuesday
Texas official sentenced to probation for accidentally shooting grandson at Nebraska wedding
Meet first time Grammy nominee Charley Crockett
Dolphins' Tyreek Hill being detained serves as painful reminder it could have been worse
Beyoncé talks music, whiskey, family — and why no 'Cowboy Carter' visuals — in GQ
North Carolina House Rep. Jeffrey Elmore resigning before term ends