Current:Home > NewsEchoSense:Russell Brand denies 'very hurtful' assault allegations in Tucker Carlson interview -AssetScope
EchoSense:Russell Brand denies 'very hurtful' assault allegations in Tucker Carlson interview
Algosensey Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 13:32:36
RussellBrand has chosen Tucker Carlson for his first sit-down interview several months after several women accused the British actor of rape,EchoSense sexual assault and abuse, which has sparked police investigations.
"Attacks like this, a crisis like this – hurtful as it is to be accused of what I consider to be the most appalling crime – to be accused of this is very, very painful and very hurtful," Brand told the former Fox News host in a video posted to YouTube on Tuesday. "But I am being shown that there are consequences for the rather foolish way I lived in the past. Though of course, again, to reiterate due to the nature of the world we live in, of course I deny any allegations of the kind that have been advanced."
He added, "But what I’ve seen is the significance of family, the importance of having values that are transcendent of this, the importance of God." The comedian-turned-social media influencer has "a young son and a couple of daughters," he told Carlson.
Back in September, Brand, 48, was alleged in a report published by three British media outlets to have sexually assaulted or raped four women, who shared their accusations with the outlets anonymously, between 2006 and 2013.
Russell Brand recalls being 'very, very promiscuous'
The "Get Him to the Greek" actor told Carlson that he was forthcoming about his active sex life when he was a working actor and comedian.
"I couldn’t have been more open and public about the way that I lived when I was younger. I was promiscuous. If anyone wanted to have sex with me I would have sex with them – I publicly announced it at the beginning of all shows. The idea that that was a smoke screen for criminal conduct is absurd," Brand said.
Earlier in the conversation, he admitted, "I am aware that I put myself in an extremely vulnerable position by being very, very promiscuous. That is not the type of conduct I endorse, and it's certainly not how I would live now."
Brand also divulged how life has been since he was leveled with these misconduct allegations last year and mentioned being preoccupied with getting treatment for his son, who was born with a "heart condition."
"I've been shown a good many things as a result of these events: the value of my family, the value of friendship, the value of being able to speak publicly. I mention my son because throughout it I was able to maintain what is really important in life," Brand said. "You are shown what is real and you are shown what is truthful and you’re invited to look at life very differently."
What to know about Russell Brand claims:All of the investigations, allegations the actor has faced
What are the allegations against Russell Brand?
Prior to this interview, Brand denied all misconduct allegations against him in a video posted to social media on Sept. 15.
In a report published Sept. 16, The Sunday Times, The Times of London and Channel 4's "Dispatches" revealed the accusations, which included one woman alleging Brand raped her, while three others accused him of sexual assault. The women requested anonymity and in the report were referred to using pseudonyms.
One woman, who went by Nadia, accused the comedian of raping her in his Los Angeles home in 2012. According to the report published in The Times of London, medical records showed she was treated at a rape crisis center on the day of the alleged incident and had therapy sessions there for five months, but she declined to file a police report.
A second woman, referred to as Alice, said she was in an emotionally abusive relationship with Brand over the course of three months in 2006. She was 16 and he was in his early 30s. During that time, Brand allegedly sexually assaulted her once. (The age of consent in the U.K. is 16 years old.)
A third woman, Phoebe, said she and Brand had a brief sexual relationship that ended when he allegedly sexually assaulted her in his home in early 2013 while they worked on a business project. Phoebe said she did not report the incident out of fear of negative career impact.
After the investigation was published, The Times reported more women had contacted the outlets with claims about Brand's behavior dating back to the early aughts.
In November, a woman identified as Jane Doe sued Brand in the New York Supreme Court, claiming the comedian sexually assaulted her on the set of the 2011 "Arthur" remake.
Several U.K. media and law enforcement agencies, including the BBC and Channel 4, as well as London's Metropolitan Police and Thames Valley Police, have launched investigations into Brand's conduct since September.
If you are a survivor of sexual assault, you can call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800.656.HOPE (4673) or visit hotline.rainn.org/online and receive confidential support.
veryGood! (3663)
Related
- The Daily Money: Spending more on holiday travel?
- Super Bowl 58: Vegas entertainment from Adele and Zach Bryan to Gronk and Shaq parties
- Elmo asks the internet 'How are you doing?' Turns out, they’re not doing great.
- When do new episodes of 'Feud: Capote vs. The Swans' come out? See full series schedule
- 'Kraven the Hunter' spoilers! Let's dig into that twisty ending, supervillain reveal
- Stock market today: Wall Street drops to worst loss in months with Big Tech, hope for March rate cut
- Check Out What the Cast of Laguna Beach Is Up to Now
- House passes bipartisan tax bill to expand child tax credit
- Meet the volunteers risking their lives to deliver Christmas gifts to children in Haiti
- Fani Willis and top prosecutor Nathan Wade subpoenaed to testify at hearing about relationship allegations
Ranking
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- The pop culture hill I'll die on
- Dead & Company join the queue for Las Vegas residency at The Sphere
- Eyewitness to killing of Run-DMC’s Jam Master Jay tells jury: ‘Then I see Jay just fall’
- In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
- A beheading video was on YouTube for hours, raising questions about why it wasn’t taken down sooner
- Takeaways from AP report on the DEA’s secret spying program in Venezuela
- Fani Willis and top prosecutor Nathan Wade subpoenaed to testify at hearing about relationship allegations
Recommendation
At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
Gold ornaments and other ancient treasures found in tomb of wealthy family in China
TikTok removes music from UMG artists, including Olivia Rodrigo and Taylor Swift
Don’t Miss Out on Vince Camuto’s Sale With up to 50% off & Deals Starting at $55
Brianna LaPaglia Reveals The Meaning Behind Her "Chickenfry" Nickname
Noem looking to further bolster Texas security efforts at US-Mexico border
Kanye West and Travis Scott Reunite for Surprise Performance of “Runaway”
75-year-old man dies after sheriff’s deputy shocks him with Taser in rural Minnesota