Current:Home > FinanceBurley Garcia|Why Lindsay Arnold Says She Made the "Right Decision" Leaving Dancing With the Stars -AssetScope
Burley Garcia|Why Lindsay Arnold Says She Made the "Right Decision" Leaving Dancing With the Stars
SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 14:42:46
Lindsay Arnold is Burley Garciastepping into a new chapter.
After sitting out of last season of Dancing With the Stars, the pro revealed whether she's coming back this fall.
"I've been thinking very heavily about it," she told her followers in a recent TikTok. "And ultimately, this season is not going to work out for me and my family. I know that's not the answer that probably some of you want to hear. But at the end of the day, it's what's best for me and my family."
As Lindsay—who's raising daughter Sage and baby girl June with husband Sam Cusick in Utah—explained, there were several factors that went into this decision.
"The logistics of moving myself, my 2-and-half-year-old and my 3-and-a-half-month-old down to L.A. for a few months by myself, it's just a lot," she noted. "And to be honest, a lot of it is I don't want to separate our family. I don't really want to put my kids through that right now. I feel like this time of their life is so precious, and it's moving so, so fast, and I want to cherish every single moment. I don't want to miss a beat. And right now, the thing that's giving me the most fulfillment and joy is being a mom."
The influencer also expressed how she plans to focus on other aspects of her career, adding she's "very grateful that I can do 90 percent of my other work from home."
Lindsay joined Dancing With the Stars as a pro on season 16 back in 2013. She performed as a troupe member for the next few seasons before returning as a pro on season 21 in 2015. The dancer continued to serve as a pro throughout the remainder of her run—stepping away for season 29 in 2020 while she was expecting Sage. She won the mirrorball trophy with Jordan Fisher on season 25 in 2017 and last competed with Matt James on season 30 in 2021.
In her TikTok, Lindsay noted that leaving the show after season 30 felt like the "right decision" for her and her family. And while she said she doesn't have any regrets, she admits she still misses Dancing With the Stars.
"I love it," the 29-year-old shared. "I've made some of my best memories ever on the show, and I'm so grateful for that time in my life. I really believe there's a season for everything, and I had an incredible season and run on the show—almost 11 years of competing and doing what I love. And now, I feel like it's my season to be a mom and to be present with them and I'm so grateful for that as well."
And the ball is still up in the air for a possible return in the future.
"I'm never going to say that I'm just, like, done forever," she said. "Because like I said, who knows? Few years down the road, things might change or even next year maybe things might change. And it's just something that I'm gonna take one season at a time, one year at a time and really just listen to my heart…and do what feels best for me and my kids."
In fact, Lindsay teased that fans may still see her in some way this season.
"That's not to say that I'm not gonna be maybe having some fun connections to this season," she said. "I'm not gonna say anything other than that. But I'm very excited for this next season. It's gonna be so good—so good. So if you're not tuning in, you're missing out, and I can't wait to watch it with you guys."
Lindsay isn't the only one stepping away from the show. Fellow pro Witney Carson also recently announced her exit. As for who will be competing on season 32, Dancing With the Stars previously revealed that Vanderpump Rules' Ariana Madix and The Bachelorette's Charity Lawson will be among the celebrity participants and that the full cast and list of pros will be revealed Sept. 13.
Until then, look back at other stars who've turned down the show.
Backstreet Boys Nick Carter finally got to show off his moves in season 21 after years of not being available. "I was approached for like 4 to 5 years in a row," he tells E! News. "Unfortunately, and fortunately, I was on the road with the Backstreet Boys touring and doing album cycles, so now that I have some time, that we're in between, I could take the advantage of doing it."
Bindi Irwin, Australian TV personality and daughter of the late Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin, also joined season 21. However, this wasn't the first time she had the chance to hit the dance floor. "I was approached once before, and I said, oh my goodness!" she tells E! News. "We were in the middle of our Crocodile research trip and it was all happening, so it worked out really well that we were able to join this season, so I'm thrilled to be a part of it."
After her daughter Rumer Willis won season 20 of DWTS, with her mom in the audience at almost every taping, Moore was close to joining the season 21 cast, sources told E! News, but she decided to turn down the offer.
Former champ Alfonso Ribeiro revealed to E! News that the show was interested in having the I Am Cait reality star compete for the trophy but that she said no, choosing not to follow in Kim Kardashian and Rob Kardashian's footsteps.
The Mean Girls star was reportedly approached to do the show back in season 16 but said no.
The controversial celeb chef had previously turned down the chance to dance two times before finally joining the cast in season 21, as E! News exclusively reported.
"They did ask me," she told Extra in 2010, "and I said no."
Though several of her former Saved By the Bell co-stars have competed, Thiessen declined DWTS' offer. "I've been asked a few times," she once told The Huffington Post, "but my response to that is that I am an actor, not a dancer."
Paula Deen isn't the only celeb chef DWTS has courted. Flay said he also turned down the show, with the Food Network star once explaining to Zagat that he didn't want to "be known as that guy on Dancing with the Stars." Another reason? "My wife told me that she would divorce me if I did it." (He and ex-wife Stephanie March have since divorced.)
While sources told E! he said no to DWTS, he said yes to appearing on Celebrity Apprentice.
Though she went on to become a fan-favorite in the ballroom, the now-late actress originally said no to DWTS, tweeting she was "too chicken."
The CBS This Morning host and Oprah Winfrey's BFF turned the the show down not once, not twice, but THREE times. "I think it's good to keep my public humiliation to a minimum," she told US Weekly. "I would never want to embarrass my children ever...or myself! I can't dance."
DWTS producers called in a favor to Alfonso when it came to the NYPD Blue star, asking the former champ to find out if he would join the show. Too bad it didn't work, as Ribeiro told E! News, his pal said, "Eh, I don't dance!"
The Oscar winner has vowed to never do the show. BUT she did admit there is a way they could possibly get her to join. "I'll tell you how I would do Dancing With the Stars," she once told E! News. "If they gave me a million dollars to give to charity...I would only do it if there was a big charity component. "
"No truth to the rumors of me doing Dancing With the Stars," Queen Latifah tweeted back in 2011. "Love the show though so I'll be watching just like you!" However, the Grammy winner has been a guest performer on the show.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (229)
Related
- NHL in ASL returns, delivering American Sign Language analysis for Deaf community at Winter Classic
- Donald Trump Sues Facebook, YouTube And Twitter For Alleged Censorship
- How to Watch All the 2023 Best Picture Oscar Nominees
- Raise a Glass to the 2023 Oscars With These Award-Worthy Drink Recipes
- Backstage at New York's Jingle Ball with Jimmy Fallon, 'Queer Eye' and Meghan Trainor
- China's early reaction to U.S.-Taiwan meeting is muted, but there may be more forceful measures to come
- Pedro Pascal, Zoë Kravitz, Olivia Wilde and More Celebrate Together at Pre-Oscars Parties
- Let Jamie Lee Curtis' Simple, Fuss-Free Red Carpet Glam Inspire Your Next Evening Look
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- A Tech Firm Has Blocked Some Governments From Using Its Spyware Over Misuse Claims
Ranking
- 2025 'Doomsday Clock': This is how close we are to self
- Jacinda Ardern delivers emotional final speech to New Zealand Parliament: You can be a mother ... you can lead, just like me
- The Grisly True Story Behind Scream: How the Gainesville Ripper Haunted a Whole College Town
- Liftoff! Jeff Bezos And 3 Crewmates Travel To Space And Back In Under 15 Minutes
- A South Texas lawmaker’s 15
- Feel Like You're Addicted To Your Phone? You're Not Alone
- Emoji Use At Work? Survey Says — Thumbs Up!
- Instagram Debuts New Safety Settings For Teenagers
Recommendation
Why Sean "Diddy" Combs Is Being Given a Laptop in Jail Amid Witness Intimidation Fears
Dyson 24-Hour Deal: Save $300 on This Vacuum and Make Your Chores So Much Easier
Google And Facebook Mandate Vaccines For Employees At U.S. Offices
Chocolate Easter bunnies made with ecstasy seized at Brussels airport: It's pure MDMA
Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
The Horrific Crimes That Inspired the Oscar-Nominated Film Women Talking
3 family members charged with human smuggling, forced labor at Massachusetts restaurants
South African Facebook Rapist caught in Tanzania after police manhunt