Current:Home > ContactPrincess Kate making public return amid cancer battle, per Kensington Palace -AssetScope
Princess Kate making public return amid cancer battle, per Kensington Palace
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-06 14:10:42
Princess Kate is returning to public duties following her cancer announcement in March.
Kensington Palace announced the news in a press release obtained by USA TODAY, along with a new photo of Kate, which was posted to the official Prince and Princess of Wales Instagram account.
"My treatment is ongoing and will be for a few more months. On the days I feel well enough, it is a joy to engage with school life, spend personal time on the things that give me energy and positivity, as well as starting to do a little work from home," she said in the post, thanking well-wishers "for all the kind messages of support and encouragement."
Princess Kate gave royal onlookers an update on her health, writing that she is "making good progress," while noting that "as anyone going through chemotherapy will know, there are good days and bad days."
"On those bad days you feel weak, tired and you have to give in to your body resting. But on the good days, when you feel stronger, you want to make the most of feeling well," she wrote in the statement.
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
The Princess of Wales also said she will attend Trooping the Colour, a ceremonial tradition and public celebration of King Charles III's birthday, on Saturday. She missed last week's Colonel's Review rehearsal on June 8. The event honors the reigning British monarch, although his birthdate falls on Nov. 14 each year.
"I’m looking forward to attending The King’s Birthday Parade this weekend with my family and hope to join a few public engagements over the summer, but equally knowing I am not out of the woods yet," she said in a statement posted to her Instagram account shared with Prince William.
The working royal, who has been away from official duties and out of the public eye for most of this year, is making a public comeback after announcing a private cancer battle this spring. In March, she appeared in a video message to announce her diagnosis after weeks of speculation and conspiracy theories about her whereabouts.
"I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you personally for all the wonderful messages of support and for your understanding whilst I’ve been recovering from surgery. It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family, but I’ve had a fantastic medical team who’ve taken great care of me for which I am so grateful," she said in the video.
King Charles, Princess Kate have cancer:What they've said, what to know
Last week, Princess Kate issued a rare apology after she missed last Saturday's Colonel Review celebrations.
Who is Princess Kate?Age, family, what to know about Princess of Wales amid cancer news
The Irish Guards, a regiment of the British army, shared a letter sent by Princess Kate on X on Saturday where she wrote that she was proud of "the entire regiment ahead of the Colonel's Review and Trooping of the Colour."
"Being your colonel remains a great honor and I am very sorry that I'm unable to take the salute at this year's Colonel's Review. Please pass my apologies to the whole Regiment, however I do hope that I am able to represent you all once again very soon," she added in the letter.
She continued: "Please send my very best wishes and good luck to all involved."
In her March announcement video, she called her cancer a "huge shock" for her family, adding that she and Prince William have done "everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family." The pair are parents to three children: Princess George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5.
At the time, she said she would undergo "a course of preventive chemotherapy treatment" for undisclosed cancer.
veryGood! (79732)
Related
- At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
- Super Typhoon Mawar slams Guam as Category 4 storm: The winds are howling, things are breaking
- Australian mother pardoned after 20 years in prison for killing her young children
- Jay Leno Reveals He Has a Brand-New Ear After Car Fire
- 'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
- Kourtney Kardashian Responds to Comments About Her “Nasty” Bathroom Dinner
- The Bachelor Announces Major Behind-the-Scenes Shakeup
- Why Model Emira D'Spain Decided to Document Her Gender Confirming Surgery
- McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
- Missing 73 years, Medal of Honor recipient's remains returned to Georgia: He's home
Ranking
- Sonya Massey's father decries possible release of former deputy charged with her death
- Shanghai records hottest day in May in 100 years, weather service says
- Remembering murdered journalist George Polk
- Stretch of Venice's Grand Canal mysteriously turns phosphorescent green
- John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
- Here's What Gwyneth Paltrow Said to Man Who Sued Her After Ski Crash Verdict Was Revealed
- This Pink Concealer Has Gone Viral on TikTok and It Has 121,400+ 5-Star Reviews: Here's Why You Need It
- Your First Look at Summer House's All-Black Spinoff Martha's Vineyard
Recommendation
A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
Most-Shopped Celeb-Recommended Items This Month: Drew Barrymore, Sydney Sweeney, Lala Kent, and More
Mama June's Daughter Anna Chickadee Cardwell Diagnosed With Stage 4 Cancer at 28
Ulta 24-Hour Flash Sale: Take 50% Off Clinique, Urban Decay, Dermablend, Dermalogica, PMD, and Exuviance
'Most Whopper
I Noticed an Improvement in My Breakout Within Minutes of Using This Spot Treatment, I'm Not Even Kidding
Austin Butler Proves He’s Keeping Elvis Close on Sweet Outing With Kaia Gerber
Nova Scotia wildfire forces 16,000 to evacuate, prompts air quality alerts along U.S. East Coast