Current:Home > NewsProof Fast & Furious's Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel Have Officially Ended Their Feud -AssetScope
Proof Fast & Furious's Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel Have Officially Ended Their Feud
EchoSense View
Date:2025-04-06 14:30:49
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is back in the Fast & Furious family.
Six years after butting heads with co-star Vin Diesel, the actor confirmed that the two have made up. In fact, the two are in such a better place that Dwayne is even reprising his role of Luke Hobbs in an upcoming installment of the popular film franchise.
"The next Fast & Furious film you'll see the legendary lawman in will be the HOBBS movie that will serve as a fresh, new chapter & set up for Fast X: Part II," he tweeted June 1. "Last summer Vin and I put all the past behind us. We'll lead with brotherhood and resolve—and always take care of the franchise, characters & FANS that we love."
In an accompanying video, the 51-year-old explained how he quashed his beef with Vin, 55. "Despite having our differences, me and Vin, we've been like brothers for years," he said, explaining that they both chose to resolve their issues for "plans that are much bigger than ourselves."
"Those bigger plans are the north star, as I always like to say," he continued. "In this case, the north star is the franchise that we love. The north star is the characters that we love."
Taking that and the continual support from fans over the years, Dwayne said it was "not a hard decision to make" to return to the franchise.
"It's a yes," he added, before quoting his character, "Daddy's gotta go to work."
Dwayne and Vin's feud dates back to 2016, when the two were filming The Fate of the Furious and Dwayne called out some of his male co-stars as "chicken s--t" and "candy asses" in an Instagram post. Though he did not use any specific names at the time, the former wrestler later confirmed that he did have bad blood with Vin during the shoot.
"Vin and I had a few discussions, including an important face-to-face in my trailer," he recalled in a 2018 Rolling Stone interview. "And what I came to realize is that we have a fundamental difference in philosophies on how we approach movie-making and collaborating."
Dwayne went on to sit out on its follow-up, F9, in order to star in the 2019 spin-off Hobbs & Shaw. When production of a tenth Fast & Furious film began, Vin issued a public plea to his "little brother Dwayne" to return for another film.
"As you know, my children refer to you as Uncle Dwayne in my house. There is not a holiday that goes by that they and you don't send well wishes... but the time has come," the actor wrote in November 2021 Instagram post, before sharing how he had previously made a promise to late co-star Paul Walker that the series would have a 10th installment. "I say this out of love... but you must show up, do not leave the franchise idle you have a very important role to play."
However, Dwayne took Vin's note as an "example of his manipulation," telling CNN in December 2021, "I didn't like that he brought up his children in the post, as well as Paul Walker's death. Leave them out of it."
He added at the time, "Regardless, I'm confident in the Fast universe and its ability to consistently deliver for the audience, and I truly wish my former co-stars and crew members the best of luck and success in the next chapter."
Fast X was released on May 19.
(E! and Universal Pictures are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)
Watch E! News weeknights Monday through Thursday at 11 p.m., only on E!.veryGood! (81277)
Related
- Louvre will undergo expansion and restoration project, Macron says
- Singles' Day vs. Black Friday: Which Has the Best Deals for Smart Shoppers?
- We Can Tell You How to Get to Sesame Street—and Even More Secrets About the Beloved Show
- Elon Musk says 'SNL' is 'so mad' Trump won as he slams Dana Carvey's impression
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- LSU leads college football Week 11 Misery Index after College Football Playoff hopes go bust
- NFL playoff picture Week 10: Lions stay out in front of loaded NFC field
- Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul stirs debate: Is this a legitimate fight?
- 'No Good Deed': Who's the killer in the Netflix comedy? And will there be a Season 2?
- When does 'Dune: Prophecy' come out? Release date, cast, where to watch prequel series
Ranking
- Travis Hunter, the 2
- Tony Todd, star of 'Candyman,' 'Final Destination,' dies at 69
- What to know about Mississippi Valley State football player Ryan Quinney, who died Friday
- Kirk Herbstreit berates LSU fans throwing trash vs Alabama: 'Enough is enough, clowns'
- Krispy Kreme offers a free dozen Grinch green doughnuts: When to get the deal
- ‘I got my life back.’ Veterans with PTSD making progress thanks to service dog program
- Solawave Black Friday Sale: Don't Miss Buy 1, Get 1 Free on Age-Defying Red Light Devices
- Pie, meet donuts: Krispy Kreme releases Thanksgiving pie flavor ahead of holidays
Recommendation
In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
Unexpected pairing: New documentary tells a heartwarming story between Vietnam enemies
Brianna LaPaglia Reacts to Rumors Dave Portnoy Paid Her $10 Million for a Zach Bryan Tell-All
A list of mass killings in the United States this year
Travis Hunter, the 2
1 dead, 2 children injured in wrong-way crash; driver suspected of DWI: Reports
A growing and aging population is forcing Texas counties to seek state EMS funding
World leaders aim to shape Earth's future at COP29 climate change summit